The programme for the meeting will be as follow:
– Tuesday 5 November – Pre-meeting Workshop
– Wednesday 6 November – Pre-meeting Workshop & Welcome Reception
– Thursday 7 November – 2019 Annual Meeting & Gala Dinner
– Friday 8 November – 2019 Annual Meeting, ending at 14h00
- Launch of the AOAC SSA Digital Analytical Methods Sharing Platform
- Launch of Whitepaper on the analytical methods used to verify compliance of sodium in foods.
- Scholarship funding programme – assist and support student-members to attend international conferences and represent the AOAC-SSA on a global scale.
- Support this worthy cause by joining Dr Owen Fraser as he will go Shark Cage Diving on Saturday 2 November. Contact the Secretariat for costs and details. [email protected]
- Laboratory mentorship programme – to provide annual, technical assistance, GLP audits and training/capacity building to improve the standards and performance of four different laboratories in Africa.
- Support the mentorship programme by joining Dr Owen Fraser as he will hike up Table Mountain and abseil down on Sunday 3 November. Contact the Secretariat for costs and details. [email protected]
- Business on Top/Party at the Bottom welcome reception
- This fun and informal cocktail reception will be hosted at the Pool Area. The idea is to have fun, so dress formal on top (bowtie, tiara etc) and fun on the bottom (swimming trunks, flip flops etc). Attendance to the social function is included in the registration fee.
- Studio 54 Disco Fever Dinner party
- Join us for a night under the mirror-balls as we go back in time and celebrate 2019 Disco-style! Think John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever and come dressed in your best afro and sequined outfit! We will have a limited bar available and a cash bar is available for additional drinks (cash or credit cards).